Josiah, Martha and KyliePro Problems > Math > Logic > Conditional Statements > Contrapositives
Josiah, Martha and Kylie
Consider the following conditional statements:
If Josiah makes a funny face, and Martha sees it, Martha will laugh.
Martha laughs if and only if she is amused.
If Martha is amused, she pokes Kylie.
If Martha did not poke Kylie, state all the things we can logically conclude.
SolutionIn order to make it feasible for teachers to use these problems in their classwork, no solutions are publicly visible, so students cannot simply look up the answers. If you would like to view the solutions to these problems, you must have a Virtual Classroom subscription.
Write the contrapositives of each of the following statements:
- People who sell air conditioners to eskimos are both devious and clever.
- Whenever it rains at night, I don't like to drive.
- If the elections are rigged, the results will be skewed.
- If Stella likes to draw, or Toby likes to paint, then both their mother and father are happy.
- If jackals eat lettuce, and rabbits eat elephants, then either Bob is old or Jane is young.
We've been providing free educational games and resources since 2002.
Would you consider a donation of any size to help us continue providing great content for students of all ages?