The Middle PalindromePro Problems > Math > Number and Quantity > Number Theory > Digits
The Middle Palindrome
If all the palindromes between 100 and 1000 were listed in order from smallest to largest, what is the average of the two numbers in the middle of the list?
NOTE: A palidrome is a number which reads the same forward and backward. For example, if you reverse the digits of 97279, you still have 97279.
SolutionIn order to make it feasible for teachers to use these problems in their classwork, no solutions are publicly visible, so students cannot simply look up the answers. If you would like to view the solutions to these problems, you must have a Virtual Classroom subscription.
I'm a three digit number. My first two digits multiply to 12, and my last two digits add to 14. What number am I?
You must use each of the integers from 0 to 5 exactly once to fill in the blanks in the multiplication problem below.
_ _ _ x _ _ x _ =
What is the largest possible value you can create?
When Shrek asks Fiona for her telephone number, Fiona is a bit coy about it, and tells Shrek the following information:
- My telephone number has 10 digits.
- There are no repeated digits in my telephone number.
- The first three digits are in ascending order.
- The second three digits are in descending order.
- Both the last four digits and the last two digits are multiples of sixty.
- My last four digits are not a multiple of 43.
- My first three digits are the square of an integer less than twenty.
- The sum of the second three digits is 14.
What number should Shrek dial?
How many two-digit numbers are there such that the digits match at least one of the following patterns:
- The digits are both multiples of three.
- Neither of the digits are multiples of two.
- The digits add to 8.
- The digits are perfect squares.
Find the sum of all the integers between one and 100 which have 14 as the sum of their digits.
S is the set of five-digit numbers such that the digits are in ascending order, there are no repeated digits, the sum of the first two digits is equal to the third digit, and the sum of the third and fourth digits is equal to the two more than the fifth digit. How many elements are in the set S? (Note that the leading digit cannot be a zero).
Rhonda’s zip code has five digits. Two of the digits are the same. One of the digits is three times another digit. Three of the digits are consecutive integers. The zip code starts with a zero. What is the largest possible sum for the digits of Rhonda’s zip code?
I am thinking of a three-digit number. The sum of my digits is 17. Two of my digits add to 10, and two of my digits are the same. Find all possible values for my number.
I am a three digit number, and the following things are true about me:
- The product of two of my digits is 8.
- The sum of my digits is 13.
- My first digit is four times my second digit.
What number am I?
I'm thinking of a three-digit number. The sum of its digits is between 15 and 20 exclusive. The product of my first and last digits is 18. I don't have any repeated digits, and my digits are not in either ascending order or descending order. I am a multiple of three, but not of six. What number am I?